Pemberton BMX was started in 2012 by Jessica and Graham Turner along with Steve Petrie who was part of the original team that had built the old track.
With a small band of willing volunteers which included Ernesto Cruz, Turner Montgomery, Lara Wall & Jeff Ihaksi the original overgrown track was re-incarnated.
In 2013 this track was levelled and a new, bigger track was built from scratch and a well-used upcycled Start Gate, from North Shore BMX was installed.
In 2014, with much thanks to a grant from the Whistler Blackcomb Foundation, a brand new Pro-Gate was purchased and installed.
In 2015, with the support of Innergex & the Whistler Blackcomb Foundation, we purchased over 500 cubic yards of quality dirt and gravel to improve track surface and create a more dynamic track for our aspiring racers. With the support from the Pemberton Area Community Fund we improved the start hill deck and several of the race features.
In 2016, we held our first Provincial Championship Final races, which was very well attended and gave us a chance to show our track, and community, to the rest of the Province.
Now that we have built a track that Pemberton can be proud of our vision is to “create a track that provides all levels of riders the freedom to have fun, to explore and too push boundaries.”
Pemberton BMX is a non-profit society with the following volunteer Board of Directors and Committee Leaders for 2018:
- Graham Turner – President | Track Operator
- Cam Adams – Vice President | Track Development
- Kym Terrill – Treasurer
- Jessica Turner – Secretary
- John Teitzel – Board Director | Rider Representative
- Erin Tierney – Board Director | Rider Development
- Tara Teigan – Board Director | Volunteer Coordinator
- Zoé Martin – Social Media and Communication
- Gary Martin – Graphic Design and Marketing